1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Liquid Foods for Sick Pullets...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by HaleyKrueger, Jul 28, 2013.

1. HaleyKrueger

HaleyKrueger In the Brooder

Aug 27, 2012
    I've got two sick 4 month-ish pullets inside. I suspect cocci. They are on Corid and I've been watering down medicated feed. But I am looking for something with high nutrition that is basically liquid, as they aren't eating at all. Any suggestions? I was thinking purred boiled egg or yogurt watered down, or would something like Odwalla or V8 be good as well? Thanks for your help!!

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Crowing

Jul 24, 2013
    If it were me, I would make a mixture of boiled egg (or even raw egg), applesauce, probiotics, and medicated feed, and give it to them. If they weren't on Corid, I would give them vitamins/electrolytes, but vitamins can interfer with the affect of Corid on chickens, so that shouldn't be done.

Anyway, good luck! I had a 7-month old pullet that had Coccidiosis, but after 5-7 days on Corid, she was healthy again. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by