List of fresh egg prices around the country?

PunkinPeep

Songster
10 Years
Mar 31, 2009
SouthEast Texas
I know that someone on here collected a bunch of info over time from BYC members and put it all in a list to show how much different folks are charging for their eggs around the country.

But i can't seem to find it.

Anyone know where it is?

Thanks!

This has got to be interesting! BUMP
I sell:
12- $5
6-$3
These are the prices that my neighbour OFFERD me, ever since, that is what i have been selling them for, and i have not had a problem.
big_smile.png
In Canada, ON.

Last edited:
Thanks.

I was able to find that thread, but i remember that someone had compiled all that information into a simple reference by state. I guess i should have bookmarked it.
hmm.png

We do $3/dozen for the people hubby works with, with an "egg club" where when you buy 4 dozen, you get the 5th free. For some friends, I sell at $2/dozen.

Of course, now I'm going to have to add more chickens in Spring to fill requests. Oh, darn.
wink.png

Last edited:
I give my extras away. Last thing I want is someone suing me because they were dumb and got sick for not storing or cooking them properly.

Last edited:
Quote:
Good point. We usually sell our extras to people we know in the office where my husband works for $2 a dozen. I suppose that could come back to bite us...... Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone tried to pasteurize the egg you sell?

In this area. Syracuse, NY

I get $2 a doz. I've seen $1 but not sure why or how. $2 is average.

I've seen $2.50 but in the stores they are $.99 for white crap no taste eggs. Fertile eggs are sold for more and organics have come down about $3.50.

I give information to all new customers about the health of pastured eggs. This is copies of information from literature I've read. Books and magazines. If anyone would like a copy of this stuff pm me and I can fax or e-mail it to you. We want people to know that we are raising healthy chickens for healthy eggs. I believe we should get the word out. I take the info to the UPS store to copy for cheap. You could also use the Public library.

Wishing us all the best

Rancher

Back
Top Bottom