1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Listen to this doll!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by birdnutz, Dec 15, 2008.

1. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
  2. Verboten

Verboten Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Southern Oregon
    Quote:What does it say? I wish I could hear it but I damaged/disconnected my speakers a while ago while at a hatchery website.

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    In the videos the doll was saying "Islam is the Light" That's an unusual line for a dolly.

4. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    Not true....
    Read snopes.com on this!!!

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Did you listen to the preacher? Typical -"my religion is better than yours." [​IMG]

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ugh, things like this make me sick. Little kids are not going to change their religion based off the babblings of a doll. Human beings like to pick out things that make sense to them...it's the reason we see ghostly faces in photographs, and the reason we hear "voices" in the whisper of a waterfall or the swish of the wind.

Baby dolls creep me out to begin with, but the simplest answer here is just to avoid buying the doll. Yet here people are making a huge deal out of something that is nothing.

Snopes does a good job of debunking this issue.

http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/dolltalk.asp

People hear what they want to hear. Bottom line, if you expect to hear something, you'll hear it.

7. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    If a doll muttering makes you change your religion....how much faith did you have in the first place?

8. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I only listened to about a minute of that preacher, but it was enough to make me sick and sad that there are people who listen and look up to him.

9. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Don;t get me wrong... I agree that this is just the mind and suggestion and that this whole movement to destroy these dolls or have them pulled from the market is just silly.... but... what the frell kind of cooing noises is that supposed to be????? I've never heard a doll or a baby make any kind of babbling or cooing noise close to that ever. You think they would have done a better job with that. Regardless of what it is or isn't saying that doll is a piece of junk [​IMG]

10. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    Sounds pretty clear to me... although I have no problem at all with that statement.

I think it's very possible that someone at the 3rd- or 4th-world factory messed with the recording.

It's kinda funny and not a reason to get all up in arms religiously, LOL! [​IMG]

All Religions from God are "the Light".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by