Listen to your girls!

Pics

Living_Legend

Songster
Jan 3, 2018
Freeland, MD
My Coop
My Coop
So my girls started making a weird screaming noise that I could hear from inside my house that I never heard before. I look out the window and witness a fox trying to find a way into the hen house circling the enclosure. Foxes are very smart and eventually it would find a way in. I sprint upstairs, get my rifle and with 1 shot I take it out. Life is real. I decided 10 hens lives was worth more than 1 fox. Am I right? Well, there is no real answer to that. I rather not but I rather than.

They normally split up on roosting bars. This is the first night they have forced themselves together.

20181012_183833.jpg

Screenshot_20181012-191309_Arlo.jpg

Last edited:
It looked like the fox was about to get in but I still decided to be quiet Sprint up stairs get my rifle come back down and shoot it with the thought that it might get one or two chickens before I got back

My only other option would be is to scare it away which would just delay the event

I got lucky that I got my rifle took it out with one shot and lost no chickens

One shot is usually all you get with varmints, you did good. I always keep a rifle in the kitchen when you need one you need it quick.
I would keep it in the kitchen but the wife is against it because of having a two and a half year old and a 11 month old so I understand I'm just impressed that I saw it ran upstairs got the rifle out of safe came back downstairs open the back door and was able to take it out

Some luck was on my side

I would keep it in the kitchen but the wife is against it because of having a two and a half year old and a 11 month old so I understand I'm just impressed that I saw it ran upstairs got the rifle out of safe came back downstairs open the back door and was able to take it out

Some luck was on my side
Congrats!
You got lucky!

Back
Top Bottom