1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

listless phesant! what do i do?- Update

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by missusduray, Jun 6, 2007.

1. missusduray

missusduray Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    Northern Minnesota
    There is no obvious signs of injury, other than th peck marks from th other phesants. will drink ocassionally. i gave it sugar water, as i have nothing else. It is still moving and breathing. I made a mash out of baby oatmeal and water. Is there anything else that I can do for it?
    Kristyne
    I have it isolated and warm as well

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  2. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    Does it have good capillary refill action? Any other symptoms at all? [​IMG] Mites?

3. missusduray

May 20, 2007
    Northern Minnesota
    I doubt it has mites since we got it yesterday. There are 30 total and they were all doing fine until tonight. the rest are fine but this one just wants to sleep and it doesnt fight when you pick it up. It actually snuggles my hand when I hold it. Is there anything I can do if it just got trampled? It is smaller than most in the brooder. How do i check for capillary refill?
    Kristyne

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  4. missusduray

May 20, 2007
    Northern Minnesota
    Well at 10:32pm lastnight the little phesant died. I did everything I could. Hopefully no more die. Thanks for the advice.
    Kristyne

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by