Listless Rhode Island Red

SteveLeas

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2017
I have a new flock of 6 chickens, two of which are Rhode Island Reds. One has become increasingly listless. She lays down on her side much more than the others. When I bring out treats, the others scurry towards me, and she just wanders around. Even when I bring out crickets, which are their favorite treat, she just sort of stands there by herself. When I shake the bag of crickets to bring all the chickens to the coop she is the only one that doesn't respond. She used to come scurrying with the others. It has been rather hot for a couple days, and because she's large, I thought that might be the problem, but the other red seems to be unaffected by the Heat. I can't distinguish her poop from any of the others so I don't have anything on that front. To get her into the coop I have to run and catch her. After I trained the chickens with the Crickets I have never had to do that. That's been about two months. I'm probably just overprotective because of my inexperience, but if anybody has any words of wisdom, please let me know. She doesn't seem to have lost any weight either. Thank you for your help.

She seems better, but she still is the last to respond to treats. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom