Little baby RIR help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kristobro98, Mar 4, 2017.

1. kristobro98

kristobro98 New Egg

Mar 4, 2017
    Hey guys im having some issue with a baby RIR i adopted due to her/him havibg a hurt foot. I have the foot wrapped in some tape like ive seen others recommend but theres another issue im experiencing. I have a Buff in the pen with the RIR to keep her company and they have different butts for the lack of a better term. This concerns me and its also said thats its a rooster since it doesnt have a dark stripe down its body. Can someone please help?
    [​IMG]
    The red mark is the only place ive seen anything come out. Its around the center of the photo. Is this normal for a rooster of this breed?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Welcome- sooo...I'm having a hard time visualizing what you mean and the photo isn't clear enough to make out detail. Is the RIR pooping ok? is the poop sticking around the cloaca causing problems? A few more details please [​IMG]

3. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    X2 If you can clarify your question(s)...what do you mean they have different bums? Also don't understand the question of gender because of a stripe down his body?

Photos of the chick in an upright natural position would be helpful - are you looking at the vent or at the "belly button"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by