little boy lost

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by elliechooks, Feb 13, 2014.

1. elliechooks

elliechooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2013
    UK
    My husband called me today, just after he left for work, telling me one of my chickens was out in the lane. I went out to find this little chap. (Not mine, I only have large fowl and this is clearly a bantam)
    [​IMG]
    I haven't managed to catch him yet but I will keep trying. Is he a pekin?

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Poor little guy, he does look lost, hope somebody didn't just dump him. He has feathered feet, single comb and a rounded tail it looks like? Would vote pekin / cochin on him.

3. LilRedRoo

LilRedRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2013
    Bremond, Texas
    I've seen cases where people have too many roosters and don't have the heart to eat them, so they take them and dump them off in "the country". Agree on the potential breed.

4. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

RoostersCrow HensDeliver! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    He is so cute! I do think bantam cochin (pekin) or mix of one. The color is very unique, like a Blue Copper Marans almost.

On a side note- My in-laws had acquired a gorgeous BR roo 2 years ago, someone had apparently seen their hens running around the yard and decided that was good place to dump the poor fella. He turned out to be a to be a top notch watch "dog".

5. elliechooks

elliechooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2013
    UK
    We did eventually catch him, turns out he lives next door (but being in the country next door is a few fields away!) they had a fox attack last night and this little guy must have escaped. Unfortunately 6 others were not so lucky :(
    Not sure if his tail should be that rounded... Looks like he had a few feathers missing.
    Anyway, I will be going round next door asking for a few eggs next time my incubator is empty! :rolleyes:

6. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

RoostersCrow HensDeliver! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Oh good! I bet he's really happy to be home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by