Little chick lost his balance

The grit (granite) is necessary for their digestion. It lets them grind up their food in the gizzard. Without it they cannot properly digest and some birds can get blockages. I would use the supplements at this point rather than trying to do it with dietary things. When they get deficiencies it often takes much larger doses, which you can really only get from supplements, in order to get them reversed. Once reversed, if they are on a well balanced diet, then they can usually maintain their levels normally.

The grit (granite) is necessary for their digestion. It lets them grind up their food in the gizzard. Without it they cannot properly digest and some birds can get blockages. I would use the supplements at this point rather than trying to do it with dietary things. When they get deficiencies it often takes much larger doses, which you can really only get from supplements, in order to get them reversed. Once reversed, if they are on a well balanced diet, then they can usually maintain their levels normally.
OK, i will try but do you think that she has Marek’s disease?(I hope she hasn’t🤞🏻)

I don't know. I would try supplementing to see if you get improvement. Marek's is possible, but other things can look like Marek's. Silkies are more prone to neurological things due to their vaulted skulls.

I don't know. I would try supplementing to see if you get improvement. Marek's is possible, but other things can look like Marek's. Silkies are more prone to neurological things due to their vaulted skulls.
I hope she has not that disease, because she lost her balance over night, she didn’t show some symptom before that.

My Silkie developed balance issues suddenly this week and I searched and found this tread, I've started on the chick feed removed all corn from diet and will do eggs etc. later today, I'm glad I found this thread and really hope its not Marek's

So my girl is about the same, she eats fine, looks fine nothing outwardly wrong just has no balance and falls over a lot while trying to walk.... How does a Vet Dx Mareks Dx?

Back
Top Bottom