Little chicks are standing up to the big ones.

eirwin

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 22, 2010
My neighbor's mother thought she was doing us a favor by bringing us 10 new chicks from Miami after three of my big ones were killed by a dog. We live in Western North Carolina and wanted to wait until March to get new chicks so we wouldn't have to wait too long to put them outside. She doesn't know what breed they are and neither do we. They are seven, almost eight weeks old now. Three of the chicks died shortly after we got them. We were sure that three of the remaining were rooster and gave them away. Now we're beginning to wonder if they are all roosters. I have been introducing them slowly to my other three big ones. The big ones peck at them, but a couple of the little ones don't seem to have any fear. They bow up to the big ones and even peck back. Would this be normal behavior for young roosters?

49521_027.jpg

49521_025.jpg

49521_024.jpg

49521_023.jpg

Last edited:
i have no idea what breed they are..but i have RIR chicks the same age and yours are huge compaired to them.. not surprised they stand up to the older ones lol:)

I think they just look big in the picture. They were standing up to the others even three weeks ago.
smile.png
They are mostly white, but have some beige on their feathers. I have two leghorns, so I know that's not what these are.

Back
Top Bottom