Little cochin looks like she may not make it tonight

nicsdimples

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 4, 2012
Dear members of B.Y.C, i bought 2 baby cochin (blue and silver laced) last Friday along with 2 California leghorn. Sadly my blue cochin didn't make it. It died Tuesday. Today, my last cochin didn't look too good either. She is not eating or drinking. She just stood there whereas my other 2 C.L chicks are hyper and active. I also noticed she hasn't grown much in size compare to the other 2 chicks. She has got loose stool and i helped clean her bottoms as the stool stuck on her feathers. Please help. I hope to still see her tomorrow morning. My children were in tears today thinking she was dying because we found her laying down unable to stand. but we found her standing an hour later. She tried mixing with the other 2 birds, getting in between them but the other 2 just ran away from her. It breaks my heart because i don't know what i can do to help except to pray she will make it and be stronger.
Please help. Thank you.

p/s: i do feed them sav-a-chic electrolyte and probiotic in their water

Failure to thrive does happen to chicks. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to it. I'm so sorry :(

Awwww......keeping your little chick and you little childrens' hearts in our thoughts tonight. Fingers are crossed..
hugs.gif

She didn't make it. We forced her to drink and take some scrambled egg but she laid motionless the next morning. I was devastated. I wanted a cochin bad. And both of them didn't make it. I wondered if i did something wrong but the other 2 california leghorn look just fine. i wonder if the cochin breed is a harder breed to take care of?

Back
Top Bottom