Little cuties!

BrittBergh

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 16, 2013
Harvest, Al
Ok so I have to share someplace where it will be as cute to others as it is to me.
Last few days our two ducklings (no idea the breed they were freebies) have been spending it outside with the chickens and really enjoying it. Set up a small very shallow pool for them that they love. Chasing bugs with the ducks and just super cute. Every night though I would get the two ducklings and bring them inside to their brooder for the night while the chickens stayed outside. Last night at dusk the chickens went to bed like they always do, go up the ramp into the nest house. The two ducklings were lonely and came around the yard onto our back porch and started pecking on the back door (which is a big window door) then laid down on the rug and waited to be brought inside. OMG how fricking cute is this?!!!
Tonight I went to go lock the coop up and bring the babies inside for the night only I couldnt find them! I freaked out fo a second before looking into the nest house and there they were nestled up with the chickens! I couldnt believe they climbed the long tall ramp up there with the chickens!! I didnt think ducks liked ramps!!
Anyway so its super cute to me but nobody around here beside my 5yr old daughter thought it was super adorable!

love.gif

Ok well here is Fluffers (the more yellow one) and Butters (the brown one) in the chicken coop with a little banty hen looking down on them. I will try and get pics of them snuggling tonight it is super cute!! And if anybody has any idea what kind of ducks these are let me know! They were free ones I found on CL. The people were mowing lawn and found a nest and instead of leaving it alone they took the eggs and hatched them and then didnt want ducks :-/ so they are wild ducks actually. We are digging the pond out this weekend!

Ok well here is Fluffers (the more yellow one) and Butters (the brown one) in the chicken coop with a little banty hen looking down on them. I will try and get pics of them snuggling tonight it is super cute!! And if anybody has any idea what kind of ducks these are let me know! They were free ones I found on CL. The people were mowing lawn and found a nest and instead of leaving it alone they took the eggs and hatched them and then didnt want ducks :-/ so they are wild ducks actually. We are digging the pond out this weekend!

Might be Muscovy's my favorite breed actually. get some close ups of their faces so we can see their bills better and we maybe able to tell for sure. Very pretty.

Here are some close ups of them. They were younger in these pictures. If I get time today I will snap a few more with the real camera and not my phone! They are unbelievably adorable and so sweet! Ive got them eating treats from my hand now!!!

Here are some close ups of them. They were younger in these pictures. If I get time today I will snap a few more with the real camera and not my phone! They are unbelievably adorable and so sweet! Ive got them eating treats from my hand now!!!

I'm thinking Scovie, should be able to tell more if you can get close ups of their faces and is that bread floating in the water? is so please don't feed them bread it's really not good for them they need good quality feed and healthy treats too.https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/242460/the-ultimate-list-of-duck-treats-and-supplements

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom