LIttle Doo Dads: Aka Easy Cinnamon Rolls

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by bigmike&nan, Apr 20, 2009.

1. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

When I posted a pic of my carrot cake someone asked me, "what are those little doo dads in the muffin tins..." well here they are. I'll also post my recipe for puff pastry for any of you REALLY inclined to stick your necks out.

Safeway has the Pillsbury crossiant dough on sale 2 for $3.00 so I made a batch of these today, I was already making myself a carrot cake so I figured WHY NOT have the cinnamon rolls too...

Mis en place:

1 package Pillsbury Crossiant dough
    1/4 stick butter

1 stick butter, semi cold
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup flour
    1/2 cup white sugar
    1 Tbls. cinnamon
    1 cup finely chopped pecans

Grease muffin tins with the 1/4 stick butter and set aside.

Preheat oven to 400. Dust work surface with a generous amount of flour, open dough tube and unroll dough onto floured board. Let rest at room temp about 5 minutes. Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl combine 2nd group of ingredients until you have a crumbly mass... Now spread that mass onto the lower 3/4s of the dough. Carefully and tightly roll the dough and mass together into a log. Pull that log so it is about 14 inches long. Cut slices off the log that are about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long and place these in butter muffin tins. Let rest about 15 minutes to give dough a change to puff up and then slide into 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.

Make a frosting of 1 cup powdered sugar and a couple tablespoons of orange juice. Remove rolls from baking tin to a plate and drizzle on frosting while the rolls are hot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Have you added any of your recipes to the recipe book submission?

Also remember to list them on the recipe indexing thread so we can link to them in a main index.

3. bigmike&nan

Quote:I did one Miss Prissy before I started posting all these here. I found the format of the submission form a little difficult to use for my style of writing. I was hoping that sharing these here would suffice for those wanting a few new things to try out... I was thinking I should stand back and let other folks post some here for a while.

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Thanks for submitting a recipe. The submission tool is the only way we are accepting recipes for the published cookbook.

Try to link your recipe threads in this thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=125568&p=1

so that we can add them to the forum index. Otherwise they will eventually fall into the archive and may get lost in the shuffle.

5. bigmike&nan

I'll get started linking them in that thread. I write on a Cuban Cigar Forum and moderate a Kitchen Area there, I've been writing there for four or more years so when I went hunting for my recipes to copy over to here it was amazing how far some of them went back, we must have 40 pages of threads, not all of them recipes (which is how I would want it to stay).

Michael

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by