Little Egg

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by JeannieWish, Feb 5, 2014.

1. JeannieWish

JeannieWish Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2013
    Co Mayo. Ireland
    Hi
    I have a question about an egg we found yesterday morning, it was outside the coop but that's not unusual ,sometimes if I bring the porridge out and a chick is in the process of laying an egg she will just run at the porridge lol

This egg is sooooo small, honestly ive never seen an egg that small off any of our hens.

I had a sick chick around the beginning of January and she stopped laying so I thought that maybe its one of her eggs and shes started laying again.

Also there as been a hen pheasant hanging around the coop for a few weeks now. She comes every morning and has breakfast then late afternoon she has porridge , could it be her egg? I thought this pheasant was alone, ive never seen her with another pheasant.

Lastly the egg shell feels very thick, normal colour for a hens egg too

Any advise would be great, thank you xxx

2. jenifry

jenifry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    South Dakota
    For laughs, look up fart eggs. It is entirely possible that a hen laid it... some of them have yolk, some don't... they are usually from young hens, just getting used to the egglaying process.

Though, pheasant eggs are small and can be a bunch of colors...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  3. JeannieWish

JeannieWish Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2013
    Co Mayo. Ireland
    Hi Jenifry,

That's made me laugh, how funny.
    My grand children are visiting next week from the UK so I'm going to save it for them lol

Thank you for helping me out xxx

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by