Little Family??? (Pics)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Shiningfeather, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Shiningfeather

Shiningfeather Songster

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    Someone gave me 4 hens and 1 roo a couple of months ago and I have no clue what type they are. If someone has a clue it would be great to know. They have just started laying and the eggs are pale cream color.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nzpouter

nzpouter Songster

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    games.. not sure which one.. not feathery enough to be oeg..

3. Shiningfeather

Shiningfeather Songster

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    Was looking....could they be Wheaten??? A pic on this site in breeds looks like the roo. They are still pretty young as a couple have just started laying and a couple have not yet.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  4. pinkfeather

pinkfeather Songster

Dec 3, 2007
    CT
    They're some kind of standard game. Not sure what. They are wheaten, but that's a color, not a breed.

5. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

the hens look like roundhead games,, and the roo looks like roundhead, maybe hatch mix. GREAT birds [​IMG]

EDIT: ta add,,, the hens are GREAT mothers, they'll go broody and raise the chicks themselves!!

6. Shiningfeather

Shiningfeather Songster

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    Thank you so much for the posts. I thought they were standard game but the roo has no spurs, just nubs so it made me wonder.
    And it is great to know when they go broody I will be able to get some chicks [​IMG]

7. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

Quote:he's only got nubs cause he's still young [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by