little feathered genuises!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Garjzla, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Garjzla

Garjzla Overrun With Chickens

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    I noticed how people think chickens aren't smart, but I don't even see how that's possible.

Yes, sometimes fragile chickens like silkies suffer from brain damage, which is caused by either trama, being born that way, or being hurt on it's head. These are all based on what humans do, OR, just how it's born! Either than that, chickens are really smart!

They, I've noticed, remember things easily. as either babies or grown ups they will remember their owner or a human (Or animal) they love, but easily figure out who they don't know. One time my chicken started playing a game on my phone, and I wasn't surprised at how she did it so easily. One time there was a worm, and two little things that looked the same but they ONLY ate the worm, and were not fooled by the fake ones.

They know what's food and what's not, but I really don't know if it's possible for them to eat something that would kill them, considering they'll eat every type of weed or grass in a instant. LOL

But, my point is that chickens are way smarter than humans think.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  2. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Humans think they are the smartest animal. But it is the dolphins.

3. Garjzla

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    Actually, wrong!;) Chickens have been proved by MANY scientists that they were more intelligent than dolphins!:) And I can't disagree, I mean, dolphins don't just decide to play a app that they've never seen before:p. But all animals are smart, probably the same amount.

4. Garjzla

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    Sorry if that offended you. I just have very strong opinions.

5. NickyKnack

You didn't offend me. :) you're in titled to your opinion. In fact I was contacted on that very matter. So if I have offended you l'm sorry

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  6. Garjzla

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    You did not offend me:). I was really worried I offended you:p.

7. NickyKnack

Why use lethal force? Was she on a rampage?

8. Garjzla

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    No, but people were scared and they just decided to shoot her and her calf because she was considered "dangerous" :'(

9. NickyKnack

That's not right, let's traumatize the little kids with the murder of peaceful animals.:mad:

10. Garjzla

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    I know, right? It horrifies me to know that such beautiful, graceful animals murdered daily. But you can't do anything about it, I guess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by