Little Giant 10300 experiences?

I was wondering the same thing because I have the previous model and am having some issues with temperature fluctuations midway through a hatch. I have 5 thermometers and they are all reading a degree or two different for the first two weeks and then they will all jump up 4 degrees without any room temperature changes or adjustments to the incubator and so I am assuming it's the incubator and not my wonky thermometers. Debating on giving the digital version a go. Just not ready to sink hundreds of dollars into an incubator I use every three years at most.

Interested to see what others comment on its performance or other incubator suggestions though

I was wondering the same thing because I have the previous model and am having some issues with temperature fluctuations midway through a hatch. I have 5 thermometers and they are all reading a degree or two different for the first two weeks and then they will all jump up 4 degrees without any room temperature changes or adjustments to the incubator and so I am assuming it's the incubator and not my wonky thermometers. Debating on giving the digital version a go. Just not ready to sink hundreds of dollars into an incubator I use every three years at most.

Interested to see what others comment on its performance or other incubator suggestions though

I have one on order but probably won't use it until next spring now...will let you know how it goes!

My first batch of eggs went into my new Little Giant 10300 with egg turner. I turned it on about 36 hours ago and it reached a fairly consistent temperature of 99.1-99.5 degrees F relatively quickly. Now that the eggs are in we'll let it re-stabilize for the next day or two before adjusting, if needed.
Will report how it goes!

I encounter this issue with the non-digital controlled incubators I have. Aggravates me to no end. Nothing you can do about it but adjust the temp on the non-digital incubators. Oh wait! This is normal because the eggs have started developing. I have not noticed an issue with temperature using the 10300 Little Giant. I was told 84F to 103F is the min/max range for eggs. Keep them at 99.5F. I wish they had that little bit of info printed in the manual. And another thing, I have been told not to wash the eggs. Well shoot, you can wash them and sanitize them according to the Angelina County Ext office. The water needs to be something like 20F about the egg temps. That way the egg does not contract pulling the contaminated water into the eggs. The guy even recommend you wash them to keep from have a little bacteria farm in your incubator. Meanwhile I am dealing with a power outage half way thru a batch of Americana eggs. Day 10 in fact. 86F was lowest temp. Here is hoping all is well....

I have one of these and i can honestly say i love the constant temp setting. I have it set up outside in my shed that doesnt have doors and has been running for 2 weeks now and eggs are developing nicely and every time i check it the temp is usually between 99.5 to 100.5 even on the nights the temps were almost freezing... First set should hatch the first week of may :-D

I've had maybe 12 out of approx 8 dozen hatch, but only 2 survived... One being a pure Serama and one being a RIR bantam x serama cross... The heat has been wretched lately but serama eggs are hard to hatch and all my birds were young... Going to borrow a friend's Rcom to see if it was the incubator or my eggs.

eek, those aren't nice odds...
just noticed mine's a 12300 model.

do you know what went wrong in the bator? some people have said the humidity reader is off on previous LG models...

Back
Top Bottom