LIttle Giant 6300 Egg Incubator

Hollie22

Hatching
Apr 26, 2021
When do I remove the vent plugs on this one? I get eggs tomorrow after school and plan on placing the in my incubator at 4 or 4:30 pm. The directions say take the plug by the built in thermometer out just before you start, so does that mean tomorrow when I place my eggs in there. Then it says just before the start to hatch, is that day 20 or so?

I have a similar incubator. I remove the plug when I start incubating and no water in the reservoir. I try to keep humidity levels between 30 and 40 percent. It is easier to add water or put plug in as you go.

You can watch the air cell for progress.

Once you get to lockdown you will need to raise the humidity levels. Once chicks start hatching the humidity levels will go up very high and you will need to vent the humidity and get fresh air in.

I remove plug once the hatch starts. I would rather have higher humidity than lower so chicks do not get shrink wrapped. Then I monitor the humidity as the hatch progresses.

Also I would remove plug and set your temp. Get your unit ready.
Do not rely on the temp gauge on the incubator get another thermometer. You should actually get a thermometer than check it for accuracy than you can check it against the temp gauge in your incubator.

There are guides in hatching and opinions may vary on this topic.

Also welcome to BYC.

There is alot of information in the learning center.

Hope this helps some.

Back
Top Bottom