Little Giant 6300 egg turner for duck eggs?

Irajoe

Songster
11 Years
Jan 3, 2009
South Carolina
Well...still wading our way through this first experience with Duck eggs. A friend saved the eggs from certain death-by-consumption by turtles. We started with 17 and have 12 that look great at 9 days. Considering some of the eggs were 7+ days old and had just been placed in a box until we started incubating them, I'm feeling good about our success thus far.

My dilemma is...we have to leave town for a few days and I need to buy an automatic turner (nice excuse) so that the eggs continue to get turned.

Has anyone tried the Little Giant 6300 with duck eggs. These are Pekin & Mallard eggs...most of which are the size of a large chicken egg...nothing much larger at all. The 6300 is advertised to fit large chicken eggs.

Also, has anyone switched to an auto turner midway through an incubation. Presently, the eggs are on their sides. I could slowly transition them over 2-3 days to an upright position. Any thoughts on that?

Sure appreciate your input!

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Great mental images in this one!

I think you should go for it. I have seen roosters move from their sides to an upright position much more quickly than you are describing, I'm sure you will be fine!!

Last edited:
What a strange occurrence. I typed this late last night and when I re-read it today, I realized the word "egg" was replaced with the word "rooster" throughout the post.

I went into the "edit post" option to correct what I thought was probably my late night error....and it shows that the text I entered was the word "egg", not "rooster."

For the moderators...not sure what's happening with this. I cannot edit the type to appear as "egg," because the text already says "egg." Does that make sense? Somehow, what I typed has triggered the word "rooster" to appear every time that I typed the word "egg" to appear.

How strange!

Pretty strange occurrence here!!!

In every instance, where I've typed the word e g g , the word rooster has appeared instead. Can't edit it because the type for the post is correct....I tried to explain it in the previous post, but because I typed e g g without spaces between letters, it appeared as "rooster" again.

Oh well.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom