Little Giant #9200 Humidity

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ashamee3, Feb 27, 2012.

1. ashamee3

ashamee3 Hatching

Feb 27, 2012
    I just purchased a Little Giant Still Air Incubator and I am not clear on the instructions for the humidity and air... Do i have to remove a red plug for air flow or is there enough air in there between turnings? I had the humidty and temperature perfect until I opened one of the plugs...

2. Wjeffgriggs

Wjeffgriggs Songster

Aug 29, 2011
    I just went through all this with the LG. You will find on day 18 in the winter it is near imposable to raise the humidity to 60-65%. This is what I did. for day 1-18 fill both reservoirs. Leave one plug in and one plug out. On day 18 top off the reservoirs and add a regular sized bowl half full with a sponge in it then I closed both air holes. Note that most people will say don't do this because it cuts the oxygen exchange down. I just had a very successful hatch but I did only have 5 eggs in there. I imaging if you are hatching lots of eggs at once you would want to keep the plug out of the air holes.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  3. Arielle

Arielle Crowing

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    [​IMG]

THe details that Chookschick posted on her page is VERY helpful. ( The direction with the LG are confusing and talking to someone at LG was not any better) I followed CHooksCHicks methods and had a good hatch the FIRST time.

Get the LG running at the temp and humidity you want with ONE plug in, then as it moves up or down a bit you can put in one plug or remove one plug. Works really well. ALso consider the dry hatch method. Much easier. Here is a link to the link.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/498785/chookschicks-incubation-cheat-sheet-rocks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by