1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I have the same incubator. I know that a lot of people don't like them So far, so good with mine though. I haven't had to much of a problem keeping the temp right. Just keep an eye on it. You would do the same for any incubator too. Give it a try, you may like yours. I'm pretty happy with mine.

2. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    I have this incubator, but I upgraded to a Hovabator Genisis 1588 after using this incubator for just 1 week, I even paid express shipping on the Hovabator, as I couldn't stand to use the LG for one more day. It needs A LOT of baby sitting, it would spike every time I turned around. With the Hovabator Genisis, you just set it and only need to add water once in a while, I'm on my 4th hatch with it, and I LOVE IT!

3. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    I'm on day 3 of using my LG 9200 still air. Now, this IS my first hatch. BUT, I had it plugged in for a few days. Once my temp had been set, it only goes up or down a few notches. I haven't had to play with it too much at all.

However, like I said, I'm only on day 3, so I still have 18 or so days left.

Good luck with your decision!

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I have 2 Little Giants and I love them both ! I get about 80-90% hatch rates.

You have to be patient with LG's. When you turn the thermostat adjustment only turn it the TINIEST little bit. Then have patience and wait for several hours before you adjust it again.

When I first turn mine on, I leave them on over night and start tweaking the thermostat the next morning.

The only complaint I have about the LG is the lid does not seal tightly when you put it on......

But, after this hatch, I am going to experiment a little to come up with a solution for that !

5. wanda047

wanda047 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    The only complaint I have about the LG is the lid does not seal tightly when you put it on......

I too noticed this about my LG. I placed a heavy paperweight on top of it. That seemed to solve the issue. Presently I have 7 eggs setting in my LG and all have veins! Yeah!! [​IMG]

6. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Someone the other day said to take duct tape and run it around the bottom rim to create a tighter seal between the top and bottom.

7. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    I also have two of this incubator, and am satisfied with the results.

8. One Acre Wonder Farm

One Acre Wonder Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    Vermont
    My sister-in-law has this incubator and has had very good luck with the two hatches so far...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by