Little Giant Automatic Egg Turner with Egg Racks 6300

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shanshan51, Sep 7, 2011.

1. shanshan51

shanshan51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    I purchased a Little Giant Automatic Egg Turner with Egg Racks 6300 for my system and was curious if you can remove some racks without breaking it. I am curious because I have two sets of eggs in there that are a day or two apart. Can I take some rows out so that chickens can hatch while others are still being turned for a day or two more? Or I can take the whole thing out and hand turn the others for the last day or so?

2. JEF3268

JEF3268 Official BYC Community Sponsor

Jan 11, 2008
    Alabama
    Yes you can remove the trays.

3. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Eesh.. I dont know.
    I would imagine if you have a staggering hatch and some need to be on lockdown while some need to turn you dont want to open that bator.

Maybe google?

4. jbenson

jbenson Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2012
    Can someone explain how to remove the racks from the turner? I would like to take a few of mine out because I have a staggered hatch going on and would like to keep the second batch turning automatically, but can't figure out how to get the racks out without snapping the plastic bits. Can't find info on how to do that anywhere and nothing that came with the 'bater says how either, though they are supposed to be dishwasher safe.

5. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    I would be concerned that a newly hatched chick would walk over to the turners and get its little head, legs, or wings caught in the turner and ripped off. Kind of gruesome but I am fairly sure some sort of disaster could happen with a turner going with newly hatched chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by