Little Giant Automatic Waterer Parts?

ekemily

Songster
9 Years
Mar 8, 2010
Fairhope, AL
The valve on my Little Giant Automatic Waterer has decided to start leaking. I went out to my coop and stared in disbelief at my waterer failing me. Since I have had the waterer, it has been ole faithful... perfect. I'm still in a litte bit of shock, but I've tried everything else with it. The valve leaks when the bowl is not even attached. the little pin looks bent. I have no idea how that would've happened.
Anyway, to my question:

Does anyone know where I can get a valve replacement part that doesn't have exorbitant shipping? I found them at Cutler Supply. The valve was $0.95. I thought, Great! Then I looked at shipping.... they wanted nearly $8! I'd rather buy a whole new waterer out of spite, then spend that much to ship something so small.
hu.gif

I was able to find a valve tool and FOUR new valves in the auto section at wal-mart for $1.85
What a cheap fix! Thanks, especially to Bear Foot Farm, for the tire heads up

I have one leaking, and one not filling. Nothing like having a soaked floor and bedding and nothing for the chickies to drink.

How well did the replacement work out for you guys?

CG

I know this is an old post. One of my waterers also leaked and flooded one of my coops. I have since moved all of the waterers outside the coops. I left the pvc inside and drilled a hole through the wall to where I wanted to mount the waterer. Now no more wet coops inside. When I originally put in the pvc I also put shut off valves in each coop so I could shut off each coop's water if I needed too. Since I did that a few years ago, some of the others had started leaking and I was glad they leaked on the ground. Now one of my post some how came apart. The cap the post locks into came completely off. Now I need to replace the whole post. (I don't know what you call the part that the schrader valve fits in?, but I need a new one.)

I just looked at it again and realized that somehow the bowl wasn't latched on good and the spring on the post came off, so I need a new spring. couldn't find the one that came off. Fixed it. Looked around some more and actually found the spring and little nuts with the washer to my surprise.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom