Little Giant- Egg Turner Info :)- I was right- he got me one he he

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by monarc23, Dec 22, 2008.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Hi all,

My hubby called me today out of the blue after he had to go into his jobs office before work. I thought this was odd because normally he just goes into the office gets the paper work, or takes a pee test (they test a lot at his job) and then he goes straight to work. However, today he calls me...I'm like "hello?" he's all quiet and he goes "all done at the office,...." and im like "....yeah?....and?" LOL! He goes "...oh well just letting you know....hey...." Me "yeah?" "If you got an egg turner for your incubator do you think it may help with the problems you've been having with the hatches?" I'm like "um...yeah i guess because i wouldnt be opening the incubator...but....erum.....since when do you go and take a pee test and think about my incubator?" and he goes "dunno just wondering if that would help." I told him yeah and he changed the subject then to something else, then he asked me to check out how much money we had in the bank. So after i Hung up with him i put two and two together....he's not very suave at getting me christmas presents, and I am *assuming* he was trying to be sneaky and get info out of me he needed since he was very near the tractor store and could easily buy me the turner for my incy. I could be wrong but I bet that's what that stinker is up to. ANywhoo...

If he does get me one like I am betting now...how hard is it to put in the incubator? I'm not like going to get shocked or anything am i? LOL! I'm sure all the info I need will be in the packaging just curious what other LG turner owners can tell me just incase I'm right about hubbys out of the blue convo. [​IMG]

I never bought one because of the price, as i could hav ejust bought another incubator for that price....so i just always ignored it. [​IMG] But as a christmas present sure i'll have it. He already got me a laptop for christmas (what im typing on now) so i really dont diserve an incy turner, but it's thoughtful and sweet of him. [​IMG]

So yeah anyhow, lol. Any info, advice, what to look out for if I have a turner assembily on my hands in a few hours, to a few days? LOL

thanks!
    Niki

Edited to add:: I was right, he did get me a turner, gave it to me early lol!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  2. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

theres a LITTLE spot in the back of the bator that the cord sits in,,, plug into wall,,,, AFTER,, you snap all the egg holders into the turner,,, and REALLY make sure you hear the "snap" or ya egg will fall over lol [​IMG]

3. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:good to know! I'd perfer not to mess that up ha ha!!! Luckily I wont have the eggs until after the the fifth of Jan, so i'd have this supposed turner before then *phew* [​IMG]

4. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Super easy to do. Hope Santa is listening and reading and really does bring you the turner for Christmas. Makes things sooooo much easier. We put our eggs in and other than candling them 3 times along the way, we just forget about them for 18 days.

5. spookyevilone

spookyevilone Crazy Quail Lady

Oct 5, 2008
    Minneapolis
    Awwww! That's so sweet of him!! [​IMG]

I bought my egg turner and it came with the egg trays already installed. I just had to plug it in. There was no space for the cord on the 'bator, so I squished the back of a butterknife into the styrofoam to dent it enough. Then freaked out, because I thought it would turn like, at once, then 4 hours later, tip to the other side at once, but it moves them so slowly it's hard to see it even move.

-Spooky

6. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    thanks guys! I'll letcha know if santa does bring it he he! I hope so! [​IMG] If not i'll just whine for it later [​IMG]

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    If it's one of the new ones, it doesn't have the egg 'cups', just one piece trays with built in cups. All you do is take it out of the box, push the styrofoam piece down where the cord would come out, set it in the bator and add eggs! It's really pretty simple! But it should be all put together already, so you won't have to 'snap' anything, if you hear a snap, then you broke it!! [​IMG]

8. Slightly Cracked

Slightly Cracked Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    N.E Oklahoma
    My DH bought me a LG turner from Tractor Supply for Christmas this year [​IMG] Yes I already have it!! I am using it to incubate HIS quail eggs!!
    The one he bought you just pull it out of the box, put in the bator and plug it in! Thats it!!
    I had change out a couple of trays to put quail trays in. But they came with instructions and it was so simple even I figgered it out [​IMG]

SC

9. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    [​IMG]

10. Epona142

Epona142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
    Yup, mine came all put together.

Bit funny actually, I told hubby I wanted an incubator for christmas, and asked if I could have it a bit early.

He came home with the turner. [​IMG]

I was like, "Sweetie, that's the turner that goes IN the incubator."

Poor baby was so embarrassed. We went back and got the 'bator too.

If you look in a thread I made a little while back, I learned from some great people here that quail eggs will fit just fine in the regular rack, so unless you plan on doing a ton at a time, you can just use it the way it is.

Here it is: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1333170#p1333170

Good
    luck!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by