Little Giant - first time incubating, need advice!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by arizonarancher, Jan 24, 2013.

1. arizonarancher

arizonarancher Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2012
    Cave Creek Arizona
    I have the Little Giant incubator with an egg turner but no fan. I have a humidity meter/thermometer inside plus the thermometer it came with. I read on this site that incubators with no fans should run at 102. I have been doing that, I'm on my 3rd day of incubation.

I was wondering if other people who have the Little Giant incubator run theirs at 102 though, I want to make sure everything is right. Thanks!

2. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    First off let me say I have never used a still air incubator. What I can do is say that after this hatch I would install a fan to your incubator or get one with a fan. The circulated air will disperse heat and humidity evenly allowing for even heating of the eggs. This will just give you over all better results. Good luck hatching!

3. Larkyn

Larkyn Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2011
    Louisville
    I have the same incubator. I run mine at 100 degrees F, and have had very good hatch rates. 102 sounds a bit high to me- but I have never ran any of my incubators higher than 101.

4. arizonarancher

arizonarancher Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2012
    Cave Creek Arizona
    Thank you! I will turn mine down for this hatch, Its been fluctuating between 99 and the 102 since the start.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by