Little Giant has CHANGED DESIGNS!

LTygress

Songster
7 Years
Sep 12, 2012
I'm not going to repost the whole thing here. Instead I'll just direct you to my post HERE. It includes photos and details.

But here is some background story that you may or may not see to this:

I had one LG incubator from August of 2012 until now. It's still kicking and going strong. Last month, I bought my second incubator after two leghorns, two silkies, and four sumatras all started laying at once IN ADDITION to my normal hens. I knew I wanted a head start on Spring 2014 anyway, right?

I brought silkies in for a bath two nights ago. The ice storm left them caked in mud so bad that you couldn't even tell one of them was white! After bathing, they went on top of the incubator with a hair dryer. I covered the incubator with a towel, and gave them a small bit of food and water.

While moving two of the three silkies back outside after they dried, the third decided the incubator wasn't humid enough, and dumped the water... RIGHT into the recess for the thermostat. The circuit board fried, and it no longer works. Why did it happen to the one that was less than a month old? Meanwhile, the one from August 2012 is still going strong - but now holding TWICE as many eggs as it should! I had to fix that quick!

I went out today and bought a new one. Same ole Little Giant incubator that I had bought twice before. But I took it out of the box and was surprised that it looked to different. And that is what lead to the post above. The changes are good! But there are still some things left to be desired (even some I didn't mention in that post).

Back
Top Bottom