little giant incubator holding good

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rebel yell, Sep 4, 2010.

1. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    i got the chance to grab an LG bator used, with turner, no fan & it is holding at 100 very good, i have not ever used a still air bator before, are they any thing i need to do diferent as to the fan type bator, right now it is holding temp. perfect its only been running 2 hours, i cant belive it, best $10 i have spent so far. dont know what model it is the only thing i can find on it is (40 watt 110 volt ac), anybody know what model it may be?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  2. rebel yell

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    come on someone give me some advice

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

This may help. http://cmfarm.us/stillair.html

Off
    the top of my head..
    Put incubator in a stable temp room. Set the temp at 101 measured at the top of the egg. Do not do do the brick/tilt method of turning eggs by hand. If its an electronic one then it helps to glue a bigger knob or a disk to the little thermostat knob so you can adjust it in smaller increments.

4. rebel yell

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    i dont get it, my themoter is laying on the wire bottom of the bator, how is it going to be cold there, even if the thermostat is at 120, the themoter is at egg level reading 100, & i dont have eggs in it now, will a pc fan work, the fan kit for it is about $42.

5. rebelcowboysnb

Heat layers... As long as cold air is coming in the vents it will collect at the bottom.

Yes a pc fan wired to a power plug will work great... The big black box type... Fined one that says "output DC" an preferably between 6 an 15 volts.

6. rebel yell

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    does it need to be mounted in the top of the incubator blowing down on the eggs? the fan i got says dc 12v 0.14a is this what i need?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  7. rebelcowboysnb

I like to have them blowing up but yea that's it. Now ya need the power plug that has a DC output as close to 12 V as you can

8. rebel yell

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    it says 12vdc, going to get started on it now, thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by