Little Giant Incubator Question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TK Poultry, Jan 24, 2010.

1. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    for christmas one of my gifts was an egg turner for my little giant incubator.....well i was dying to use it so i went out and got 4 mixed eggs to put in it to try it out and it worked nice, but i had a slight problem i couldnt get much water into my wells how do i get enough water in the wells with that egg turner in the incubator?

2. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

I use a piece of tubing connected to a small funnel into which i pour the water. (If I understand your question correctly.)
    You also might consider using 1 or 2 of those small kitchen sponges to absorb the water......depending on the humidity reading you are getting.

-Junkmanme- [​IMG]

3. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    The tubing they sell in the aquarium section of the pet store works well. That's what I use with a bulb syringe.

4. memal

memal Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    pa
    I used a staw, I just put it in the hole on the top of incubator ( the one where the red vent plug goes) guided it through turner to the water well and used a syringe to shoot water through

the straw, i also had a syringe with some tubing attached to wet the sponges under the wire to increase humidity last 3 days the small tubing fits right through the air vents on top of the

bator.i used IV tubing but im sure you can use tubing made for a fish tank, if you dont have a syringe you can use a turkey bastor also. [​IMG]

5. acire67

acire67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    Pleasant Valley
    I use kitchen sponges in my LG and they work well.

6. srt52

srt52 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2010
    Canton, North Carolina
    I got one for Christmas and just filled the tray on the bottom up like two times. But I used sponges too, that seemed to work the best on the humidity.

7. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    ok describe to me how to use the sponges

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by