1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

little giant incubator with egg turner

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by terusons, Apr 26, 2016.

1. terusons

terusons New Egg

i have successfully hatched eggs both chicken and ducks with an older incubator and a thermometer and no humidity control. i bought a new one from tractor supply the 9200 with the auto egg turner....my question is i have the temp accurate at 100.0 which is what i've done in the past but my humidity level with the 1 plug removed is at 45%. No eggs in yet! What should the % be and how do i change it if it should be higher? If i plug up the hole then there is no air circulation...i want a successful hatch with my new incubator can anyone help? Thanks So Much

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Do you mean you bought the 9300? It has the digital controls?? If so, the gages on them are usually wrong. The temps are usually at least 3 degrees off and the humidity readings are usually useless on the 9300 and the 10300. The 9200 is the older model I don't believe they carry anymore, and has no digital control. You'll want your own accurate and checked thermometer/hygrometer in the bator to go by instead of the incubator's display. Also, I'd recommend a low humidity method for incubation such as this one: http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity if you are not in a high altitude. I use this method very successfully.

3. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by