Little Giant Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by IggiMom, Apr 15, 2009.

1. IggiMom

IggiMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    I am having trouble regulating my new Little Giant incubator. A thermometer came with it, but any relationship between the temp it registers and the actual temperature is purely coincidental. I am wondering if I should take it back and send for one from, say, eggcartons.com. I do have a thermometer that I THINK is accurate, and I have even checked it with a human thermometer, so I guess it should be ok. Do other people do ok with the Little Giant?

2. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

LG are a pain in the butt - they are hard to keep at a certain temp. That is just the way that they are. You can try putting a towel over it to help it hold the temp.

3. old mill poultry

old mill poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    I ended up having 2 lg incubators and they all are the same. Some people like them once they can get them regulated but I never could get mine to do it.

4. emit

emit Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2009
    Charleston WV
    take it back an get another kind......

5. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    the only reason the LGs would not have the same temp. consistantly is if the LG is in a room with a temp. that changes and does not have a stable temp....if you want it to be easier to deal with put it in a room with a stable temp....

it even says that in the instructions!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by