little giant incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by njduck, Mar 28, 2012.

1. njduck

njduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    It has een awhile since I posted. I use to hatch eggs yearly with a rather old sears & roebuck incubator. somewhere between 60 and 80 yrs old. 2 years ago it starting having little glitches every now and then so I stopped. I decided last week I would grab an incubator while at tractor supply. so I bought the little giant and egg turner. I have heard problems with them. But I figured with experience I could do it. Well I have a unit that fluctuates 4 degrees either way every day. It started off with 1 degree and keeps getting worse. I recommend not buying 1.

2. Donna Sue

Donna Sue Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2012
    Missouri
    I've used one for 4 years and always had good hatches. Maybe you just got a bad one? Either way, best of luck with your hatch!

3. CluckyBoss

CluckyBoss Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2012
    I have a little giant, and believe it or not, it does pretty good. I have babies hatching right now :p I think a fan would help out alot.

4. I use 4 Little Giant incubators and mine have all worked great for me for several years. I have had issues with the turner motors not holding up well but I run incubators constantly year round so they are pushed to the limits around here. Incubators have held up well can't say anything bad about them.

5. WVstruttin

WVstruttin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    WV
    x2. I,ve had 3 running for last 2 months, no problems so far. (knock on wood) Seems like little giant gets a bad rap but, I think you have spend time getting everything right. I usually run mine 3 days making sure everything is set perfectly then add eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by