Little Giant Incubator

Momma 2 silkies

Songster
7 Years
May 26, 2012
Can anyone tell me if this is any good? I am new to incubating and was going to get the little giant still air incubator but need to know if it is any good? I don't plan to hatch a lot, I don't have the room for many but I would like to see what I get from my flock. How long should I have it up and running before I add any eggs to it? My silkies have just started laying again since they stopped when we got our first snow. I have no clue how to do this and thought I would ask here.

Yes its decent for the amt.of.money. weve had one for about a yr. and currently have our third hatch in there. our first chick hatched about ten mins. ago. all of our hatches have had over 50% hatch rate. try and get the fan. we turn them by hand but getting ready to buy a turner. good luck. and have fun.

There is a thread "Little Giant Incubator Tricks" here on BYC. Not terribly long and will give you a good idea of how they have worked for others. We all have different situations we have to work around. The biggest with the LG is a stable room temperature for the most part.

My second hatch goes into lockdown tomorrow. 16 of the 22 that were fertile, come on babies.

I have one. Watch your temps the first night you put your eggs in there. I had mine going 48 hours and when I woke up the morning after I set my eggs, the temp had jumped to 108.

I only set 11 eggs & day 21 was this past Thursday. 9 hatched and are beautiful. I did struggle with humidity, but I have a very dry house, so I think that's why. Make sure you buy a couple thermometers and hygrometers - the 9200 comes with nothing. I don't see why it wouldn't work for you, though. It's not the best out there, but if you're only going to occasionally incubate, it should suit your needs.

Good luck when you decide it's time. :)

I have 3 up and running at the moment, 2 old style 1 new style. I don't like the new style as much....They say if you can hatch in a little giant you can hatch in anything,,,

I dont plan to hatch a lot oh chicks, just want to see if I can and what I get from my small flock. I wouldn't even try if 1 of my girls would just go broody so I.could put eggs under her. How long are my eggs good for before I put them in the bator? I have 2 from today and should have 2 tomorrow and plan to turn the bator on tomorrow for a few days before I add the eggs. Any suggestions or helpful hints to this adventute

I hadn't planned on hatching again, I just put the eggs on my dining room table, no turning, they were laid 1-18-13. I put them in and they are going into lockdown tomorrow. Other eggs were stored in an unheated garage, temps. down near freezing and they developed also.

I collect mine up tp about a wk. and let them set out on the counter this time of yr.but i have kept them in the frig. as well. i think setting out seems better ratr.

Can the eggs go straight from the coop to the incubator or do they need to sit before I put them in. I have been collecting since the 23 and want to put them in the bator tonight. Get my 21 days started and see how my hatch goes.

If the eggs at room temperature they can go right in. Refridgerated eggs need to warm up before loading-avoiding condensation. Shipped(Mailed), eggs should rest big end up and least 24 hours before loading.

Back
Top Bottom