little giant incubators

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hstgonzo34, Sep 22, 2008.

1. hstgonzo34

hstgonzo34 New Egg

Sep 9, 2008
    I was just wondering what everyone thinks of these incubators? I bought one testerday and was just wondering if anyone has tried one, If anyone has, could you give me an honest assesment. thank you for your time,

2. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    Milton Florida
    I have a 9200 and I have had no problems with it. I also have an hova Bator with turner, but the LG seems to keep a consistent temp better than the HB. I like the heat control much better than the wing nut type on the HB.

Good luck on your hatches.

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

4. hstgonzo34

hstgonzo34 New Egg

Sep 9, 2008
    thank you very much

5. jrtpro

jrtpro Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2008
    Milan, GA
    I just purchased one and have it on and it is keeping a constant temp. Most incubators I have had in the past I have ran them with two thermostats one set around 1 degree higher than the other. This protects the eggs from a spike in temperature.

6. jrtpro

jrtpro Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2008
    Milan, GA
    One more thing, the turner i purchased has a huMMMMMM to it and a small vibration. I think this could be bad for the eggs. Has anyone had this problem with a turner?

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Mine has that aproblem too. I haven't noticed it vibrating, but it definitely has a loud hum. If I take it out, and put it back in, then the hum stops for a while. So maybe it just has enough of a vibration to move it a bit? Is yours full? If not, where do you have your eggs set in it? I have mine about half full, and the other half has the trays removed, because I have to use it as a hatcher as well right now. Maybe if the eggs were more scattered out, it wouldn't do this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by