Little Giant Junk!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by steelayer, Jul 11, 2010.

1. steelayer

steelayer Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2010
    Hey guys I just got a little giant incubator and it doesnt work. This is the second one I have got today and the last one that is in stock at my closest Mills Fleet Farm. The first and second both have the same problem they dont heat up! the indicator light came on so I walked away and waited but when I came back the indicator light was off and the incubators were at room temp and the heating elements weren't even slightly warm. This really sucks I have 20 quail eggs that need to go into a incubator yesterday and I have to go out of town to work for a week leaving tonight. Anyone have any ideas of what I could do to save these eggs? This is the last time I get any little giant **** incubators.

2. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    well,if you are going to fleet you must be in minn or wi, do you know anyone who can hatch them for you? how old are your eggs?

3. steelayer

Jul 5, 2010
    ya I am in MN. I dont know anyone who would hatch them. They were shipped on Thursday arrived Saturday... I think I might be SOL on this I have to head to work in a couple hours grrrr im so frustrated.

4. pkw

pkw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    I have a still air little giant incubator and I haven't had problems with my incubator heating at all.

5. steelayer

Jul 5, 2010
    I didnt take the first one apart to see what was wrong but I did take this one apart and the circuit board is burnt up. I knew these things were cheap and not the best but this is just unacceptable. If your thinking about buying a incubator SPEND the couple extra bucks and DONT GET A LITTLE GIANT.

6. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    if you find a cool place around 40 degrees, quail eggs can last 10 days or even a little more, Can you order a GQF hov a bator, have it waiting for when you get home?

7. steelayer

Jul 5, 2010
    I just went and got my Great Aunts old incubator its kinda a beast and looks like it was made in the 60s but hopfully itll do for one hatch. I am just upset that 2 brand new incubators didnt work.

8. steelayer

Jul 5, 2010
    well I am having trouble with my Aunts incubator now /sigh. Can somone reccomend a good incubator that could do around 200 quail eggs? alil smaller or bigger would be ok.

9. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

are you using the same outlet to plug them in? It might be that outlet delivering too much current- burring up the boards...

10. steelayer

Jul 5, 2010
    No tried different outlets and also have had a freezer plugged into the same outlet for years with no problems. I suppose I could go grab my multimeter and check though...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by