Little Giant NIGHTMARE!

EdistoChicks

Songster
9 Years
Feb 18, 2010
Edisto Island, SC
Oh my goodness is this going to be a crazy day. I should have eggs in the mail any day now. I bought a LG still air and bought the fan to attach to it. The fan was attached and not doing a thing. We then changed wires incase it was a positive/negative thing and still nothing. I am way past a healthy level of stress. This is insane. I wish I would have stuck with a different type of incubator. Not sure if I should take the 30 minute drive to tractor supply to get a new fan or what. Not sure if it was operator error or a junk fan.

Take it ALL back! LOL!
I could have sold you an LG with a fan already attached for $45.00.
Not sure when we'll be back down south (practically the whole family lives in SC) but I'd sell it to you if I were coming soon.

Now, honestly, LG incubators aren't as bad as most people say. I used one without a fan for quite a while with pretty good results. I wouldn't recommend using expensive eggs for your first hatch... but that's true for any of the less expensive 'bators.
Good luck!

I fear your problems have just begun sorry, the LG happens to be the least desirable incubator to use by far. In my humble opinion I would buy another type bator and ease your stress levels, way too many hatches have been ruined with the LG than have been hatched. It's Chinese made product so that should say it all. Sorry your having problems and hope you get it worked out soon.

AL

If you're like me, you just went to TSC, and that's all they had. I was in a hurry to get a 'bator since our rooster had been killed, so I had no time to order online & wait for shipping.
Like I said, though, I used a still air LG and hand-turned the eggs with no real problems. Now I have a GQF cabinet incubator. I just set the eggs & leave them. 3 weeks later, I have chicks. But, to start out, there's nothing wrong with using a cheap LG, IMO.

I know I always feel bad for folks who unwittingly buy these bators and then flood the board with questions regarding their shoddy performance, Then the only advice we can offer is condolances. When I needed to get an incubator and realized that locally all that was available were the LG's, needless to say I built one of my own instead of buying an LG after reading all the horror stories about them.

AL

I agree, take it all back! Although you may be kind of stuck since you have eggs coming. LG's are all nightmares from what I hear. I just went for the hovabator after asking here on BYC, and now up to the sportsman cabinet style and ALL my eggs are alive
big_smile.png
I'm very happy with the sportsman.
Good luck finding a new fan but if all else fails at least you have the incubator and the eggs won't go to waste.

Some mail order companies can do a Express delivery on incubators if you need a replacement FAST!

It is another newbie mistake of buying an incubator when you bought some eggs without testing out the bator first for a week to see how it functions. Nothing worse about a bator that just do not keep temps steady when you have already invested $$$$$ on hatching eggs.

Back
Top Bottom