Little giant or Hovabator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Corey NC, May 15, 2007.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
  2. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    I have a hovabator, with the auto Turner, as the auto Turner makes life so much easier. My Hovabator works great, out of the last batch I did, which consisted of Shipped eggs I got a 60% hatch. And considering we were Buying eggs when It was cold out, I thought I did great!

I have 17 eggs in the Incubator right now.

The proble with turning your own eggs, is you have to do it 3-5 times a day, and every time you open the incubator to do it, you are losing heat and humidity. that is why I went with the Auto turner.

3. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    I have 3 LG Circulated Air Bators. And have had good luck with them. I just had a good hatch with it (100 %). I use the thermometer that came with it. I also have the turner. I like it because it saved alot of time when i have a large # of eggs in there and the less i have to open the bator the better. I put a wash cloth in the bottom and lined it up with one of the small holes on top and used a small eye dropper to add water the last 3 days so i did not have to open the top.

4. hooked2

hooked2 New Egg

May 7, 2007
    I got a little giant with fan and egg turner for christmas. Just used it for the first time and hatched 40 of 44 eggs. Much better than the old incubator I had.

5. mandolinmama

mandolinmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Urbana Missouri
    I'm using a little giant still air. Mine still haven't hatched yet and are due to hatch friday. I candled all my eggs last night and they're all still alive and moving. So far, i'm pretty pleased with mine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by