Little Giant still air incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by P0U1TRYP3RS0N, Dec 25, 2007.

1. P0U1TRYP3RS0N

P0U1TRYP3RS0N Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    I just received a Little Giant still air incubator for Christmas. I've never heard about them or seen them in the hatchery catalogs. They're made by the same company that makes poultry feeders, waters and other livestock supplies. Does anybody have one of these? If so, are they any good? I had a hovabator still air but I forgot to clean it out after a hatch:rolleyes: and well......um........It got moldy and we had to throw it away. Is it as good as a hovabator?

*~*~*~*Merry Christmas!*~*~*~*

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  2. ladybug4ut1

ladybug4ut1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Central Florida
    I have a lg 9200 still air and have had great luck with it. I used to hand turn the eggs but just bought myself and automatic turner. They are not hard to keep steady temps in once you set it. Good luck with it. Any questions just ask

[​IMG]

3. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I got the same bator for christmas - I have never used a bator of any kind before so this is going to be all new to me.

I guess we both will have to learn as we go LOL

good luck with yours hope you hatch LOTS of fuzzy butts in there.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
    Julie

4. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    I also got the same!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Hova and the LG are virtually identical in function. Many of the parts interchange between the two. Haven't used a still air in some time but when I did they where always dependable.

6. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    have 5 little gaints 9200 with eggs in them now. im getting about 92% hatch rate no turner no fan

7. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    Mine has been great for the few hatches I've done

but I got an egg turner for Christmas so I'm itching to crank it back up again.

8. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    I also got one...LOL (with an automatic turner) And i dont know were to put the water im thinking on the bottom but im not sure. and were do you put the hygrometer at or how do you tell the humidity? Im confused [​IMG]

9. d_rooster

d_rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    North Augusta, SC
    I did fine with my Little Giant on my first incubation. I did add a small fan, recycled from an old computer to turn it into a forced air. That seemed to make the temperatures easier to maintain. I turned eggs by hand at least three times each day. I used an inverted styrofoam egg carton as a stand to hold the eggs and make turning easier.

10. boilerjoe_96

boilerjoe_96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2007
    West Lafayette, IN
    I too got a Little Giant incubator. With auto egg turner...

Appears to be a popular gift this year....

Now do I just grab some mixed breed eggs from the barn or should I look for a purebreed of somesort..... so many choices.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by