Little Giant vs Hovabator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by iamcuriositycat, Aug 8, 2009.

1. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Songster

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    I have a hovabator incubator with circulating air & egg turner, but now I want a hatcher so I can run multiple batches at a time. The Little Giant is available locally for $42, whereas I'd have to order the Hovabator for about $60 plus shipping. For the hatcher I don't need it to circulate or turn, obviously, so is there any reason why I shouldn't just get the Little Giant? Thanks!

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

You still have to fight getting the temps steady with the LG....I'd spend the extra and get another Hovabator. I have 4 hovas that I incubate and hatch in and it was a happy day when I drop kicked my old LG into the trash can. I know there are some who like them, but I'm not one of them!!

3. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Songster

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Thank you! That is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Now I know why I need to spend the extra 20+ bucks. [​IMG]

4. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    I've never had a problem with my LG, I set it up in the same place everytime and within 45 minutes it regulates. Once it regulates, I don't touch the temp knob and the next time I get ready to use it, it's pretty much there.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  5. SS

SS In the Brooder

Jun 8, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    Genetically coming from a Family of all tight-wads I am also Interested in getting an LG Incubator. as I like to say If it Half works its okay as long as its half price [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Just as long as you're ok with only getting half hatches or less!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: