Little Giant waterer Q

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by lovinlife, Jul 3, 2010.

1. lovinlife

lovinlife Chillin' With My Peeps

For those of you who use the Little Giant waterer:

How do you adjust the valve so it knows when to shut off?

I just installed two of them and had to turn the water pressure way down low. One of the bowls overflowed when the pressure was higher. I read somewhere that you can adjust it to stop at a certain point. Is that true? Should the water pressure be higher?

These things are exactly cheap and I don't want another waterer that will overflow and make a muddy mess.

2. lovinlife

Just checked the waterers and they're overflowing. Anyone know what I need to do to stop them from dripping?

3. ekemily

ekemily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Fairhope, AL
    they have directions on the package, if you still have them. You have to take off the bowl, and adjust the nuts on the threaded rod to get the amount of flow. I couldn't find my directions or I would have been clearer. sorry
    Maybe someone that can remember will be able to help. At least I'll give you a bump [​IMG]

4. lovinlife

I knew there must have been something. [​IMG] I didn't see any directions on the packaging. So, after reading your post, I actually took apart the paper top to the packaging and tada - there it was. It explains how to adjust it. I'll take care of it tomorrow. Thanks!

5. svalentine

svalentine Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2010
    Efland NC
    What is this waterer and where can I get one? Keeping up with the watering and keeping it fresh is a bit of a hassle.

6. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
  7. ekemily

ekemily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Fairhope, AL
    I LOVE my little giant waterer. It is awesome. I have a bottle brush hanging next to it that I use to quickly clean it out every day. Every once in awhile, I do a deeper clean with a little bleach.

8. lovinlife

Quote:Those are cheaper than what I paid ($24).
    I was using a float valve (like what I put on my horse troughs) to keep water available for the chickens. They were hard to clean around and the water always had stuff in it. The float started leaking and made a huge mess. I remembered seeing the Little Giants at the feed store and bought two.

It was easy enough to set up. I bought the pvc at the hardware store. I put a "T" at the top and hung the waterer from the roost that is out in the run part of the coop. I can take a pic of what I did so you can see.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by