Little Gracie......(pic)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Tripp16, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hi all,
    I just thought this was a great story to tell. Well it all started when I started looking for a few new chicks (bantams) mainly because I had larger breed chickens (Orpington, Rhode Island red, Barred Rock the regulars). Back to the story though. I was looking for chicks on CL I found so many but I just wasnt crazy about them or it was restrictions that I didnt like. Eventually after weeks of looking I find a ad and it list "Chicks For Sale" so I click on it and there are three ADORABLE chicks!! I read the description and it was exactly what I was looking for! I emailed the lady 2 days after I emailed the lady the responds and says one of the tree chicks had gotten sick and died of being to small after hatching (his immune system was to weak).

She asked if I was still interested and I said "Of course!" so I was going to meet her to get the remaining two on friday. Thursday morning I get a call saying the second chick died of the same problem she was TINY. The lady said that the remaining chick was sooo upset and chirp and peeped all day after she figured out her brother was gone. I didnt want to take on 1 chick but I couldnt leave her homeless and I felt sooo bad for her.

Friday morning I go get her and she is only about 2 inches long and about 3 inches tall TINY, SOOO cute though! I ended up finding 3 more chicks a few weeks older than her that she will be with when she gets older, she can see them through the brooder box and wants to be in with them sooo bad but they just pick on her because of her size. Except the little man of the group he is so nice to her and will cheep and chirp along with her.

Anyways sorry to ramble on and on! She fell asleep in my arms the last two nights and I love her so much! It is a MIRACLE she is still with us thats why I named her Gracie (or Grace). I think she will make it and is healthy and eats like a little pig! LOL She has a little rubber ducky she sleeps with and talks to it when the others arent around.

She is spoiled as are the other chicks! I cant wait to see her turn into the little hen she will be!

Here is a picture of her and I will keep you updated as she grows up. So check back in for more pics every week. Wish her luck and health!

[​IMG]

Her a few days ago, Little Gracie is growing fast!

[​IMG]\\

Thanks for reading my looong story!

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    She is tiny! And Cute with a capital C!

3. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Haha Thanks! Now I know it isnt just me! [​IMG]

4. ryanhodapp

ryanhodapp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    St. Louis
    good luck, I just brought home 4 silkies and they are so cute to! love the fuzzy butts

5. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Haha I loooove silkies! SO fluffy!!! [​IMG]

6. CinnamonQueen12

CinnamonQueen12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    The most adorable chick I think I've ever seen! Exept for mine! Lol, gotta stay loyal to those who give you eggs for breakfast! Anyway, she's absolutely charming, and I wish you both good luck for the future!

7. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Thanks! I completely understand where your coming from! [​IMG]

8. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Gracie sounds like a good name. Lucky might also be appropriate, lucky because you found each other. [​IMG]

9. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. jadeybaby70

jadeybaby70 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2009
    Alameda
    Oh so super cute little gal. [​IMG] Yay, little Gracie!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by