Little grey chick?

HuskerChickMom

Songster
7 Years
Apr 3, 2017
My broody hens just hatched six beautiful babies! Two australorps a Rhode Island Red and a buff Orpington from what I can tell and then there's this little one and I'm just not sure what he/she is! It's a little lighter than the picture shows but it was the best I could get. Any guesses on what it might be? My eggs come from a flock of australorps, barred rocks, Rhode Island reds, and buff orpingtons if that helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1029.JPG
    IMG_1029.JPG
    380.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1030.JPG
    IMG_1030.JPG
    393.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    448.7 KB · Views: 6
My broody hens just hatched six beautiful babies! Two australorps a Rhode Island Red and a buff Orpington from what I can tell and then there's this little one and I'm just not sure what he/she is! It's a little lighter than the picture shows but it was the best I could get. Any guesses on what it might be? My eggs come from a flock of australorps, barred rocks, Rhode Island reds, and buff orpingtons if that helps.

To me, it looks like another Australorp! Barred Rock chicks are darker and your little chick looks pretty like on their belly. Good luck! I love chicks!

Thanks! I was hoping for a barred rock but I'll take whatever, just love them! Although with as feisty as this little one is already it's probably going to be a rooster :)

These are the two that I thought were australorps. Maybe I'm wrong on them?

Attachments

• IMG_1036.JPG
    IMG_1036.JPG
    552.8 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom