Little house on the prarie chickens

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CindyS, Dec 19, 2008.

1. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    My family has been watching LHOP dvds and have noticed a few things. The chickens are always fed scratch for the scene and someone (usually Laura) has to run right through them! EVERY TIME, they NEVER go around them!The Ingalls have brown egg layers in every scene, yet when Caroline takes the eggs to Mrs Oleson, she has both brown and white eggs to sell. In outside scenes, the chickens are being chased or harrassed in some manner to add to the sound effect of a farm, they are cackling and skwawking. Oh well, just some mindless but interesting facts(only for us chicken people)[​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That is kinda funny. I never noticed that before!

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I remember one scene in an episode recently when Charles was talking to Caroline from the doorway. You could see the hens behind Charles and one stopped, squatted and dropped a big poopie that they fuzzed out. But I know what that slight squat means. [​IMG]

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    actually, watch as the seasons progress...they build a separate hen house.

and there are always chicken sounds in any scenes that are at a farm house.

all sounds are added AFTER shows/movies etc. are made. the clucking and whatnot is enhanced. chickens just aren't that noisy...even with kids running through them.

another good watch for chicken funnies is 'The Three Amigos'. chickens EVERYWHERE.

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    oh, i forgot...Caroline gets more money for the white eggs from Mrs. Oleson than the brown....and cash on the barrel, no credit for the Ingalls family! [​IMG]

6. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    Your right miss_ jayne, they start out with a little long box type thing on legs with doors and ramps, dont know if they were suppose to sleep in there or just lay their eggs:lol:, later seasons they had a nice coop with wired pen, (no top on the pen though) not a good thing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by