1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Little kids' chicken names :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by equinehugger3, Dec 27, 2010.

1. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    What are some funny things the little kids in your life hav called chickens or chicken combs and stuff? My little brothers call wattles flobellies... [​IMG]

2. KBChicks

KBChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    PA
    A friend of mine has guinea's....when her 2 year old grand-daughter visits ....she bends over slaps her knees and hollers....
    Heeeerrrre gickens.........heeeerrrre gickens [​IMG]

3. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    My granddaughter thought my little roo crowed too loudly. She called him the little 'RUDE'. [​IMG]

4. 6chicks&aduck

6chicks&aduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    S E North Dakota
    My 22 mo old god son yells Baaaaaaak Baaaaaaaak ! when he sees our chickens lol

5. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    My then 5 year old named our rooster Sweetie Pie (in his defense, when he was a chick we thought he was a pullet) and one of our hens Black Frost (she's black and white).

6. Naughty

Naughty Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Wichita
    My 4 year old named our two hens - Elmo and Zoe (we sure thought Elmo was a boy) but they do know their names when she calls

We named two lil banties Hannah & Montana ... unfortunately Hannah flew the fence and became neighbors dog food... Montana got too cocky and is enjoying a hot tub bath today with some nice aromatherapy...

2 australorps were named Hallie & Annie (after the girls on the new Parent trap) since they looked alike

We ended up with 2 lil golden sebrights (we think) - the boy is named Naughty and the girl was named Nice...

Since we have learned our lesson about trying to cull a roo that we have named - We now just call all new chicks by their color (blondie or buffy, stripes, red, easter egger) until we know what gender they will be - when they lay eggs = then they will get names lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by