Little league world series

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sourland, Aug 18, 2011.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    The princess has been bugging me about going to the Little League World Series forever-- I finally caved in today and she drug me out from under my bridge [​IMG] and we went. WHAT A GREAT EXPERIENCE. It's like a little piece of Americana. If you ever have the chance GO.

2. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    What game did you go see? I know Japan whooped Auruba SP?

3. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Saw Mexico beat Tawan -- the Mexican kids seem to have it all: good pitching, good hitting, and good fielding. Saw NW (Montana) beat Mid W (South Dakota) - fairly well balanced game. Sat through 3 innings of Japan versus Aruba, and they were kickin' butt. On the walk in to the stadium area we passed the Japanese team coming back from batting practice. What nice kids-- smiling, waving even bowing to us as we walked by. People across the board were on their good behavior and being pleasant to one another. I can not say enough good about the day. Free admission and parking and very moderately priced and good food. What more could one ask for?

4. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Quote:Sourland you must live close to me! We are about 30 miles from S. Williamsport. The Mid-Atlantic team is our home team here in Clinton County, PA! They play their first game tonight and are predicting a BLUE OUT for the 8 pm game tonight!!!! GO KEYSTONE!!!!

5. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    It was a 3 hour drive each way for us. Tonight will be an attendance 'max out.'

6. acid_chipmunk

Mar 29, 2010
    Quote:I'm sure it will be! The majority of Clinton County will be there tonight, cheering them on.

7. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:I'm sure it will be! The majority of Clinton County will be there tonight, cheering them on.

People who were there yesterday were already excited and talking the game up. They'll be hearing the cheers all the way down in Harrisburg. Have you been to the LL World Series? For us old folk, it was a great experience. Absolutely a hometown feel about the entire day.

8. acid_chipmunk

Mar 29, 2010

People who were there yesterday were already excited and talking the game up. They'll be hearing the cheers all the way down in Harrisburg. Have you been to the LL World Series? For us old folk, it was a great experience. Absolutely a hometown feel about the entire day.

I have! My Mom used to work for AAA, which is about 5 blocks from the fields. They were a big sponsor at LL and helped out a lot, so I got to go. I have never had a bad expierence there, everyone is always so nice. Tonight is sure going to be interesting. Pretty sure there won't be room to walk anywhere tonight!

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

10. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    My father keeps saying he wants to see it in person once but I don't we are ever able be able to go.

What kind of stuff do they sell down there? I'd like to get him a little pin but have no clue what they have. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by