Little Mama

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by macdowall, Feb 27, 2013.

1. macdowall

macdowall Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2012
    I just wanted to post in honor of my Cornish Rock Little Mama, who died today just 5 days short of one year old.

I never thought I could love a chicken. She was the funniest, smartest, sweetest baby I ever had. We didn't realize she was a chicken only supposed to live 12 weeks when we bought her but she defied the odds.

She loved peanuts and corn. She loved to be rubbed under her wings. She loved the little chicken saddle we put on her for her bare spots. She loved us and we loved her.

Her heart gave out today while I rubbed her back and told her it would be ok. I'm so glad she was a part of my life and I will never forget her.

2. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    How sad. And yet happy that she lived as long as she did.

3. Fur & Feathers

Fur & Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    cheshire
    My Coop
    it is devastating when an animals body gives out;never let someone who sees animals as inferior say any different-they dont have a clue what its like to have attachment to non humans.

due to disabilities am profoundly attached to all pets of mine and one thing have always been told when they go away is remember they had a great life,they coud have had a crap life somewhere but they have had a human mothering them to the best quality of life they coud have.
    a year old is amazing,she is now up in rainbow bridge playing pecking order re establishment with all the other chucks no doubt including mine [blondie-a seven day old chick,ethel & penny].

have lit a candle for little mama and anyone else is welcome to add ones into it as well as its a group for her-
    http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=litma

1 person likes this.
  4. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm so sorry for your loss. We really do become attached to our feathered friends.

Hugs!

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Very sorry for your loss.

6. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    My condolences to you. The best you can do is remember the happy times with her and move on. It doesn't mean you have to forget about her; just don't dwell on the fact that she's dead.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by