Little Man coming of Age...funny **pics**

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bragabit, Aug 23, 2010.

1. bragabit

bragabit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    We have some chicks that are just now finishing getting all their feathers. I would guess they are 6 weeks old, since they were hatched out. I believe the one on the left is a roo, see his red comb?
    [​IMG]

Anyways I have this Barred Rock, she is my top female. She never lets any roo mount her...ever. None of her eggs are fertile. Because she won't submit to my roo, he won't let her have treats when he finds them. He'll call the hens over but chases her away if she tries to partake.
    This is Rosita (my Barred Rock)
    [​IMG]

So today I caught my tiny little roo, dancing with Rosita. He was dragging his wings and circling her. It was the funniest thing, the look on Rosita's face. She flew at him with her claws and tried to attack him. Poor little guy again tries to dance his way into her heart. I wish I had a camera, it was too cute. She ended up chasing him off.

2. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    [​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    She does have that swagger.

4. Tropical Chickies

Tropical Chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Central Florida
    That is hilarious...her momma must have told her to keep the "one eyed snake" away from her as it only causes trouble!!

5. TheChickenCameFirst

TheChickenCameFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Ha ha, Thats cute! Shes a pretty hen, and it appears she knows it! [​IMG]

6. bragabit

bragabit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    While I find some hens more beautiful than others. Hands down my Barred Rock ladies have the most personality. They are the ones who will sit next to me patiently, sometimes not so much. While I am weeding waiting for a worm or bug.

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Rosita's my HERO! Who needs treats gotten through compromising your morals and standards!

8. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Haha! My roo Jasper "dances" with my hens, too, but i have just caught him mounting three of my hens!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by