Little miniature adult silkies...cutest pics!!

To answer the question above...one is a splash (the one on the bed) and the other is a blue.

They were hatched from our birds...BUT...not every single one has a crest that is that full. So don't think you aren't getting good silkies from peoples eggs just because they don't all have huge crests. Of course, we do breed FOR the nice crest and will certainly keep these girls (we hope but can't be certain yet). But even with show quality hens and cocks, not every chick hatched will have the same lovely features...BUT it is more likely.

It's a matter of careful selection and selling the ones that don't look like you want when they are grown and keeping the ones that have every feature you are breeding for. Then breed them and see if they reproduce themselves!!
big_smile.png

love.gif

Trying to find an adjective that hasn't already been used!! My first chickens were Silkies - every time I see pics like this I get drawn back to them again.

The crests are my favorite part of a silkie! I know not all of them will have the big crests like that it just depends. You always get a few that arent as good in the bunch. Thats why people by a lot of chicks so they have a greater chance of getting some SQ silkies. I hope mine get big crests! Do you sell chicks oldtimegator?

I do sell chicks but have never shipped them...only older birds. I don't want to ship day old chicks like the hatcheries do but will ship chicks that are at least 2-3 weeks old. They are $10 each from 1-4 weeks of age.

Of course we can ship again until probably October due to the heat here in Florida. However, my daughter does go to Atlanta, Ga. every few weeks and can take them that far if anyone is interested.

Hold up!!!!!!!!!! You live in gainsville? My cousins mom ( my old aunt) lives there! I wonder if she is coming down here any time soon!

Back
Top Bottom