1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Little Nemo is gone :(

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SunAngel, Aug 29, 2008.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Nemo, my little one dollar-one winged wonder, is starting to get feathers!! Thought I would post a few pics and see if anyone has any idea yet what s/he might be mixed with besides Silkie. At 18 days old s/he's not much bigger than the week old standard chicks s/he's growing up with.

Little Nemo has attitude!
    [​IMG]
    Bad wing side.
    [​IMG]
    Chickie tummy!
    [​IMG]
    Gotta love the little line of feathers down his back lol.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  2. Chicken Boo

Chicken Boo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Glenn Dale, MD
    Nemo is just adorable and lucky to have been rescued by someone who will take such good care of him.

3. Suess hens

Suess hens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Altadena, CA
    s/he is mixed with cuteness....Silkie and cuteness is my guess. Sorry, I am no help. But that is sure a lucky chicken to have been found by you!

4. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Aww thanks!

I am so glad I bid on him without thinking. I shudder to think what some farmer would have done with him after seeing his deformity.

I keep calling him a he for some reason, maybe its the name lol Even if he turns out to be a roo, he will have a forever home here! The neighbors will just have to complain lol.

5. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Anyone have Light Brahma Bantams? Wondering if maybe that could be what Nemo partially is?

7. jessupfamily

jessupfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    SW Indiana
    Quote:That's what I was starting to think! We have Silkie and Light Brahma mixes and a couple are now 12 weeks old and are looking a lot like your little Nemo! Maybe?!! [​IMG]

8. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    But both of those are feathered footed breeds...Nemo has no feathers down his legs from what I can tell....Maybe a Silver laced WyandotteXSilkie mix??? ? She/he is a cutie!!

9. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    omg he is getting so big! his name is perfecto!

10. jessupfamily

jessupfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    SW Indiana
    Quote:This is very true! Ours do have the feather feet! I was just looking at the coloring. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by