1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Little ones first day out!! pics

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by bayouchica, Mar 7, 2007.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    They finally get to see what it's like to be big chickens:) I love it when they first get to go out,the world is so big to them & the sky is endless.. Then they do the crazy chicken dance runnin' & jumpin' round.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I got some spanish moss for them & provide some cover for them.There're not getting too far from the coop yet.
    [​IMG]

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Miriam

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Looks like they are enjoying the world!

3. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Miriam, the peeps look great. We have over 30" of snow yet and temps below O degrees at night yet, it looks funny to actually see the ground. Weather is going to get better starting next week, thank God it's time!

bigzio

4. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Oh they had so much fun today! I had to make them go back to the coop when it was getting dark. There's always tommorrow!! I noticed that the bantys were braver than the standards,go figuire! Them bantys were going all over the place.
    bigzio, so winter is tough up there what's summer time like? I'm sure it's not as hot & humid & buggy like down here!!

Have a good evening, Miriam

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by