Little Polish not laying

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mother o' chicks72, Sep 28, 2011.

1. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    We added a bantam polish to our flock a few months ago when our girls were just starting to lay and she was about the same age as them but she is still not laying. we weren't expecting many eggs from her but we thought we'd get at least a few cute little banty eggs by now. the other girls used to pick on her a lot, chasing her into corners and whatnot so I'm wondering if it could be stress related or if she's just a dud. even if she's a dud we're gonna keep her, she's a sweet little girl. just wondering.
    [​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    She's stressed yes but also just a later layer. It takes patience. Never expect Polish to lay less than other breeds though unless you have some serious show quality stock. [​IMG]

3. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    well she's a banty and we were told banties just don't lay as often. she's cute though, yes?

4. Chic_girl

Chic_girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    Near Columbus OH
    I have 2 White Crested Black Polish pullets, and I just got an egg out of one yesterday. The last Polish eggs I got were back in August, but since then, our third Polish disappered. I don't expect more eggs in the near future, though.

I don't believe Polish are great layers, but they sure are fun and friendly!

At least Sha-nay-nay and Courtny are quite personable, and they love chasing our dogs.[​IMG]

5. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Polish are layers but they never go broody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by